Thursday 18 September 2008

Weary

This semester has been interesting...definitely different from any other semester. I guess it makes sense that any semester would be different from another, but I can't figure out what it is that's different. People keep on asking me how my semester is going and I never know how to answer them... Good? I guess... Stressful? No...not really... Tiring? I suppose, but I think people get tired of hearing me say "tired" in response to "how are you?" all the time. But today I have just been overcome by a sense of weariness. Not really apathetic or tired, just weary. Maybe I'm getting sick... Who knows.

I feel rather disconnected. People are trying to connect with me, but I can't seem to reach out. I'm just stuck turning inward again. Sometimes I think that I want to go back to when I was silent and introverted and turned inward, but now that I seem to be tending that way, I don't want to. I want to have friends. We were made to be in community. It kills you to be lonely (Nota Bene: different from being alone). So I need to learn to be introverted but also connected. I need to connect with my friends.

Anyway, my semester is going pretty well, I guess. I'm taking three English classes (one grammar class and two British Literature classes) and one Religion class and one Linguistics class. They're all interesting in their own ways. They haven't been too much work, but I have two tests coming up next week. Hopefully they will go well. I'm just weary this evening.

No comments: