Saturday 10 November 2012

Hope For Every Fallen Man

As you push it up through the soil,
I will shake your filthy hand.
You may be dead to me,
But that don't mean we can't be friends.
Now it's time to get over this,
Long as it's clear you understand,
That I will never trust a single thing you say again.

Because a judge of you is someone I could never be
Is why you should thank the Lord that it is him and it's not me.

Don't give up, it's not the end
There's hope for every fallen man
To pick themselves up when they think they can't
Because with every passing second comes a second chance.

You stole so much from me
And there is nothing left to take
Save a hard learned lesson
On how to not make the same mistake.
And you may be delirious
But that is something that will fade
After you confess that this mess
Is all something that you made.
----

Take a good look at yourself and know
You've got yourself a ways to go
But difficult is not impossible
You can take back all the lost control
Take a good look at yourself and see
That you'll emerge eventually
As long as your heart's not too far gone
From the only Thing that can save you from yourself.

~Lyrics from Relient K's Hope For Every Fallen Man

This song describes some of the feelings I have towards a person who used to be close to me.  My inability to trust that person as well as my hope that they will one day find peace in God in spite of my terrible example of a Christian.  I know that I am not the only Christian this person will encounter so I am hopeful that they will be able to see a better example and reflection.

No comments: